Application Specialist I/II
Business System Solutions is seeking a software developer (non-supervisory) to work on-site for a Federal client in Shepherdstown, WV.
The position is responsible for the successful development, enhancement, testing and maintenance of Windows and web-based applications and systems that interact with a variety of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and custom software through API’s as well as direct database access. An understanding of cyber security concepts and practices will greatly assist in understanding and processing of the underlying data. The successful candidate will accomplish this by using established software development processes and project methodologies to solve complex technical problems and organize workload. The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members and management in general and with direct regard to the progress of assignments, project task timelines, issues, and contingencies. Due to the dynamic nature of the client environment, priorities and project scope may rapidly change, and the candidate must be prepared to immediately shift focus from one task to another.
Background Check Required; must be a US Citizen.
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or Related Degree)
• Preferred: CompTIA Security+ Certification
• Preferred: 3+ Years Experience with JQuery, Node.JS, SharePoint, PowerShell, Microsoft Team Foundation Services or Microsoft Azure DevOps
• Strong interest in Cyber Security a plus.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Generate and update technical documentation pertaining to existing system processes
• Provide support during the design, development and implementation of the production dashboard, including working with applications, technical support, and operations
• Proactively monitor performance of SQL databases that support client’s reporting dashboard
• Proactively monitor databases and supporting infrastructure; quickly respond to any issues to ensure secure service with minimum downtime
• Monitor and assign appropriate Help Desk tickets to the Support Team
• Unit and Regression testing of applications
• Identification and triage of software bugs
• Diagnose and resolve SQL-related issues
• Debugging, and remediation of software bugs
• Analyze and provide tuning suggestions for SQL-driven applications (potential modification of tables, additional indexes, creation of summary tables, etc.)
• Design, develop, automate, and tune daily processes to populate databases utilizing stored procedures and ETL tools
This is a software development/computer programming focused position. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and verification of complex software systems, including web-based and Windows software applications. You will work with a diverse team that places customer satisfaction as our top priority.
Utilizing a ticketing system to track your status, you will generate clean, well-documented, efficient code that adheres to client specifications for new and existing web-based and database-driven software for server-side applications, and verify bug fixes for existing software.
Coordinating your work with other developers as well as other teams, you will interact with a variety of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and custom software through API’s as well as direct data table access. Interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills will be utilized daily. An understanding of cyber security concepts and practices will be greatly assist in understanding and processing of the underlying data.
Due to the dynamic nature of the client environment, priorities and project scope may rapidly change, and you must be prepared to immediately shift focus from one task to another.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Location: Shepherdstown, WV (client site)
Position Type: Full-time (40 hours per week) exempt position
Travel: Not expected for this position
Benefits: Health, Life, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
Salary: Competitive Market Salary